Why do so many women let go of self-love once they become mothers? Is it because they give 100% of themselves to their families? Is it because they feel guilty for even thinking about themselves?
How can we live a stress-free positive life if we do not practice self-love?
What is self-love?
Self-love is finding happiness inside of yourself and not within others. When you stop relying on others to make you feel loved and happy you can find everything you need within yourself.
So how do we learn to love ourselves again?
1. Forgive yourself. Mistakes are in the past. Holding on to them will only bring you self-doubt. Leave those mistakes in the past and do the best that you can now.
2. Believe in yourself. Don’t rely on others to believe in you. Don’t even bother worrying about what anyone else may think. When you believe in yourself you set yourself up for success. You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to. Believe that.
3. Accept yourself. Comparing yourself to what you think you should be is extremely unhealthy for your self-love. When you start accepting who you really are you will learn that you do not long to be like others. Accept your body, your mind, and your soul.
4. Choose to be happy. NO ONE can make you happy besides yourself. If you are unhappy with anything in your life then YOU need to change it. When everyone around you is bringing you down, don’t follow the crowd, choose to be happy instead.
5. Take care of your physical self. Don’t worry about looking like the unrealistic women on TV. Be the best version of you. Excercise, eating right, meditating, will all help you in the best way possible.
When you start practicing the 5 steps above you will quickly learn to love yourself again. Remember to look inside of yourself for love.
If you are ready to start taking care of yourself sign up here for the FREE 5-day self-care E-challenge. This challenge will set you on the right path for self-care and self-love.
Do you practice self-love? Tell me in the comments!